Food Hacks with The Co-Operative - Brownie in a Mug

March 17, 2014



 Now I would like to blame my lack of ability to cook on being a student but unfortunately I'm just not talented in that area. I was asked to get involved with The Co-Op in their Food Hack campaign and it seemed perfect for me. The reason Co-Op are doing this campaign is because of their amazing 10% off for all students who have an NUS card, who doesn't love discounted food?! The Co-Op had sent out a hamper of different ingredients for me to create a food hack which is basically a quick alternative to creating yummy food. I created brownie in a mug, delicious and barely an mess - perfect! The ingredients I used are below:

2 tablespoons of melted butter/margarine
2 tablespoons of water
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of flour (plain)
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of sugar

Now I'm not the best cook however below is how I made my brownie in a mug and it actually came out ok to my suprise! If at any stage the mixture because really difficult to mix just add a tablespoon of water. 

1) Add 2 tablespoons of butter/margarine into your mug and shove in the microwave until it's melted.
2) Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix!
3) Add a pinch of salt, and mix!
4) Add 2 tablespoons of flour... and mix!
5) Pour in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix!
6) Pop the mug into the microwave for around 1 minute depending on your microwave and you're done!
7) EAT!!!


Let me know if you try this and how it came out!
Check out The Co-operative's Facebook for more amazing offers here!
Gemma x

You Might Also Like

0 comments